Living in Wisconsin, we have many friends that give us sweet corn in the late summer. We love to make this side dish, for it is a very easy & delicious addition to any main dish. And it reheats well 🙂 ENJOY!!!!
- 1-15 oz can whole kernel corn
- 1-15 oz can cream corn
- 1-8.5 oz package Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Salt & pepper-to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Combine the creamed corn, kernel corn, corn muffin mix, egg, sour cream, salt & pepper, butter, and 1/2 cup cheese and mix well.
- Spread into a casserole pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes (or until firm), then remove pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
- Place the casserole back into the oven and bake for about 25 more minutes, or until browned.
*CROCKPOT VERSION: Follow all of the above directions, but use the crockpot instead of a casserole dish. Cook on medium for about 4 hours (or until firm), then add the remaining cheese and cook for another hour.