Deliciously Healthy Protein Shake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
I love to whip up a great tasting, healthy, protein shake when I am working out, pressed on time, or just to have in place of a regular meal with a salad.
- 3 Scoops of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Cups of fruit-frozen or fresh (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, melon etc.)
- 1/2 Large Banana
- 1/2 Cup Healthy Juice (Acai Berry, Pomagranate, Bolthouse etc.)
- 1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 Scoop Low Carb (Any flavor) Protein Powder
- 1/2 TBS Ground Flax Seed
- Add all ingredients into blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high for about 1 minute, or until you achieve the desired thickness.
*You can add or remove ice cream (or add ice) to achieve the desired thickness of your shake.
TIPS: I have also switched out the Almond milk for Soy milk or Greek yogurt.
And I have used ground chia seeds in place of flax seeds. I like to use juices that are lower in carbs, and have vitamins and more healthy ingredients.
The more ripe the banana (brown), the more healthy and rich in vitamins.